Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wasting large amounts of time on nonsense


1. Fröken Julie, 2. Waiting on the platform in Great Neck - New York side, 3. Some Trains Go Nowhere, 4. Sheep in the mist, 5. Basilica di San Marco, Venice, 6. General Tso's Tofu, Eggroll Machine/Cafe Mimosa, 7. Socks of Kindness: a recipe, 8. 座禅会会員様 'Zen meditation club members', 9. what is not a priority, 10. CRIMINAL MINDS, 11. Bookshelf: My literary Refuse, 2004 (with notes), 12. screenshot4, 13. Maine0090, 14. Untitled, 15. Picture 329, 16. Rosy Button ~ Page in my Happy Quilt Journal ~ for no particular reason other than I can

Once again, I'm copying something TMC's done over at Return to Rural. I don't know how she does it, but she routinely finds fun things to do on the web. I dearly needed a respite from writing about nutcases and disease. Unfortunately, I also needed to be asleep by now, but making this mosaic took a bit of time, and now I feel compelled to post it.

The task was this: answer twelve questions and type your responses into Flickr. Then, pick a photo that you like from your first page of results. Click here for full instructions.

I wanted a symmetrical box, so I expanded the questions. My twist on this is that I'm not going to tell you what the questions were that evoked these visual responses. One interesting note, however - some people on Flickr have opted out of being able to use their work in this manner. In field #11, above, I couldn't find a photograph that I liked that was usable. This occurred (thus, leaving a blank square)) not just once, but three times, and since I believe it's three strikes and you're out, I changed the question.

See if you can guess my questions. Some are obvious. Others are not. And maybe this wasn't just a time wasting bit of nonsense. Some of those pictures suggest potential future blog entries (like I don't have enough).

No comments: