Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Not really paying it forward


TMC gave me this badge, above, and now I'm supposed to send it to seven other blogs, ask them to post it, and then award it to seven others, and then. . .well, it's another paying-it-forward game.

I am sorry, but I can't play! Most of the blogs I read daily will not participate, either because they are just too huge to do so, and certainly don't need any more readers, nor would they care if I sent them this (or they'd find it quite funny, I'm sure). Others would not partcipate because they are not that active. And some wouldn't because I just know they don't do that sort of thing. And lastly, one of daily reads that contains blogs I peruse is not public. That's Ravelry, "a knit and crochet community."

The rest are on my links list, except for Now Smell This, a blog that is completely devoted to scent, all scent, and all the time (unlike mine).

Addendum: Another one of my daily blog reads is Ta-Nehisi Coates, at the Atlantic Monthly site. I love this blog. Lots of politics, but also hip hop, poetry and team sports (which I skip over). I'm glad to read someone smart who loves rap.

1 comment:

jmcleod76 said...

l have to introduce you to my wife sometime. She's wicked smaht and LOVES hip hop - both the "conscious" semi-political stuff and the sometimes embarrassing stuff that's only good for when you need to shake your ass. I like it, too, but amidst too many other things to call myself a true devotee. She, on the other hand, verges on being a purist at times.