Friday, October 3, 2008

I betcha, gosh darn it, that some women are secretly angry


This, from Rich Lowry at the National Review:
"I'm sure I'm not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, "Hey, I think she just winked at me." And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America. This is a quality that can't be learned; it's either something you have or you don't, and man, she's got it."

This breaks my heart. Seriously. To all you hard working Republican women politicians who have toiled away in what must be hell and who have hammered away at that glass ceiling (a term I have never used until just now), I bet you are very angry in secret.

Palin proves that sex appeal trumps knowledge any day of the week. Just what many of us women have known all along, but it sucks seeing it right up in our faces.

Image note: Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec Ces Dames au réfectotie 1893
I only picked this because I said to myself, "What would these women think?" I had to have a good laugh when I discovered what the English translation of the title is: The ladies in the brothel dining room!

And I'm still putting these links on here, no matter how unused they are. So there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, those Toulouse Lautrec painting are gripping! There are some I've never seen on his Wikipedia page. You can tell he really loved and understood women.
I wonder what he would've thought of Sara Palin:)
N~

Julie H. Rose said...

I hate to say this, but I think he would've liked her. He certainly had a propensity for prostitutes.

Never mind that, though, I enjoyed looking at the Lautrecs on line, too. I've always loved his work. Did you go to the "Wiki Commons" to see even more?