Friday, October 24, 2008

School update

For those of you who have been following this blog for a while, you may remember that I have been struggling with a terribly boring course at school. I had a research paper to write about schedules and files in a medical office, which I procrastinated doing for three weeks. Not like me at all, but exactly like me when I'm faced with tasks that I deem unworthy of my time.

I finally wrote the paper and reported here that I had written it in about an hour. I thought it was pure garbage. I said I'd get back to you all on my grade and here it is: 100%.

What am I to make of this? There were research papers that I worked hard on, doing excellent research that was far beyond the requirements of the courses. Yes, I got good grades on them, too (but not always perfect grades). Should I continue to BS my way through my classes? Is that the lesson I should take away from this little experiment? No. I'll continue doing what I do, but I have to admit, this does bother me some. It was a test of sorts - would the person grading me be able to discern the difference? Apparently not.

No comments: