Thursday, May 22, 2008

Two bit has been starts to tell all



No, I'm not the tall, dripping with dirty sex blonde bombshell. If you don't know who that is, it's Poison Ivy Rorschach. This is the Cramps, performing at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium in August of 1980. I am the other guitarist, the short and rather boring one.

I finally admit to it. Yep, that's me.

Oddly enough, when I joined them on tour, I was not a fan of theirs. They must have been desperate for a guitarist 'cause I plainly said that I hadn't even listened to their song "Human Fly", which was huge in New York at the time. I wasn't into rockabilly, shockabilly or any other kind of 'billy, 'cause I was too urban and too young.

Now I get it, but I'm old. Just as I thought they were at the time. Gasp! Lux Interior was thirty six years old in 1980 (and I wonder if he'd dispute that, but I saw his papers at the Canadian border). Who knew that by the turn of the century 60 year old rockers would still be going strong?

Video note: This is an out take from the movie "Urgh: A Music War". Why it was called that I have no idea.

2 comments:

Websafe said...

You look great in this video. I wish the camera had been mostly on you and the other guitarist, instead of mostly on the repellent singer. He was hard to watch.

Anonymous said...

First of all, the entire time I was waiting for his leather pants to slip off. I thought that would be really amusing.
And what is your deal with being short?! You don't even seem short. In fact which guitarist are you - the one with the HUGE hair or the one with the not-huge reddish hair?!
Thank you for amusing me with this video clip. Oh, the drama.