Monday, December 28, 2009

In the meantime. . .


So much to write about. . .disbelief that we're entering the last year of the first decade of the 21st century. . .too much to do. . .the as yet only in-my-head writing of two (or possibly three) knitting books and their associated projects. . .a million yards of imagined yarn, still unspun. . .the continued unleashing of previously unvoiced and repressed thoughts about society and some of it's malcontents. . .perfume, which has gone unmentioned for some time. . .even music, which I write about infrequently. Too much, so much. Ach. Life is too short. So is one day, and when one is still in their pajamas at 3:25 in the afternoon, as I am now (gasp!), how can one even think of keeping up at all? This state is not exactly normal, I assure you. I stayed up until 5:00am or perhaps later and now I'm paying for it in swollen joints and simple exhaustion.

In the meantime, I'm reading a lot. I recommend Michael Warner's "The Trouble with Normal." For an interesting article he wrote about growing up Pentecostal, go here and scroll down.

Photo note: I searched for an image of a woman on a fainting couch and stumbled upon this. The photoshopped-in person is former Minnesota senator Norm Coleman. Since I hardly identify with the uber-female flapper in the original photo, it seemed fitting, all personal references to the individual Norm Coleman aside. I doubt we'd have much in common (but hey, who knows?)

No comments: