Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Now I know why I'm coming late to Facebook


It's just too much. I've only got five friends and I'm overwhelmed. However, if you're on Facebook, scroll down the sidebar and click on my badge. I do need more friends. Only five friends is an embarassment.

I'm also reminded of why, when I was in the seventh grade, I made a decision to opt out of being in a clique, even if they were all smart kids. I couldn't keep up with the social obligations.

For me, time flies by much too quickly. At the end of the day, I've never done all the things that needed doing. And to top it off, I've always tired easily.

One lifetime is not enough. Not by a long shot.

Image note: I'm blocking on the word for "piece of an image." Google didn't help. I think I'm starting to have those senior moments. . . Anyway, this is from an engraved National Times Savings Bank certificate issued in 1884. And now I googled the bank's name and came up with nothing. I think it's time for me to get off line and look at the great new (real, with paper pages) book I got in the mail today, "Bankei Zen."

Addendum: Father Time is the devil.

1 comment:

TMC said...

ha! peer pressure!