Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm back, sort of


Well. I haven't blogged for almost three weeks. I was away. I assumed there'd be internet access everywhere I went, but that was not so. I was disappointed. I had planned on blogging about my trip.

After a few days I discovered that it was good to take a break from the internet. Now, I've been home since Monday and I haven't felt like blogging. We were away for 11 days (or was it 12?) and I'm still processing everything that happened. I don't remember the last time I was away from home for that long.

This'll be a short entry. I'm bleary this morning, but I figured if I just posted a few words, it might get me back in the habit. I have no intention of abandoning this blog!

That's all for now. Stay tuned!

Painting note: This is earliest known portrait of George Washington, painted in 1772 by Charles Willson Peale. You may be wondering, "What does George Washington have to do with this post?" The only answer I'll give you now is that we visited Colonial Williamsburg and I've got a pile of books about Washington next to my sofa.

No comments: