Sunday, August 16, 2009

Zilch


I give up. I've been trying to write something upbeat (or at least coherent) for almost an hour and I'm licked.

Image note: Pierre Bonnard "Landscape, Studio with mimosas" (1939-46). I was hesitating between posting a Rothko and a Bonnard, wanting to display an image of vibrant color. To read more about Bonnard, with a mention of Rothko, go here. Dumbly, I'd never made the connection between the two artists. So, for tonight, this is all I can give you, a post of a painting. I suspect the painting is not that rich a yellow in person. Tonight, I don't care, for I find the exuberance of it intoxicating. If it's only a poor reproduction, so be it.

2 comments:

BitterGrace said...

Beautiful. It was a pleasure to be greeted by this painting before dawn, on what promises to be a long Monday.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this, Julie. I've always liked Bonnard, I really need to get to know his paintings better!
N